9.13.2005

Relationship vs Love
One of the commentators made a comment on the previous post that relationship is what you make out of it. I would agree some of it but there is a major flaw in it. Relationship involves two people and it is the product what two people put into it. We cannot tell anybody: Yo, u know what? It is what YOU put in it.
You can put, all you want in relationship but still get nothing out of it. Relationship is what INVOLVED people make out of it. Most of us see relationship from one person’s perspective and we all do a good job at it. Well, when I say relationship I include all kind of adult relationships. I am not going to LIST all the details of relationships but I will touch upon on the next post.

Most of us worry too much about the nature of relationship instead of terms of relationship. I think all relationships are verbal contract between two people and terms are need to be agreed upon. Please note here that love and relationship is different concept. Difference between two might not exist in poems but it is well grounded in our society.
Yes, people can be in relationship but not in love. Or be in love but not in relationship. (Uuuwweee I found .. the reason why most love hurts) The confusion of two makes horrible emotional situation for a person regardless of gender.

Most of us think we are in love but actually we are in relationship. Have you ever heard some people are just together because they are used to each other and conformable being around each other. On other hand some people love each other dearly but still do the things that can potentially to hurt loved one. Ideal situation is where love and relationship meet each other.

So it is time to think are you in relationship or your are in love?

Ideally I would like to have combination but... In reality, I would be just OK if I was in relationship where I can be part of term-making process. Then I would like an involved person to be communicative, attentive my needs or simple can be there when I need him. In return I would do the same things for him.
Love Preacher,
No_the_game

5 comments:

Danielle said...

love your writing.....and on my post today there are instructions on how to join the d unit!! lmao!!

No_the_game said...

Brittaney,

Thanks for stopping by and I agree with all you said. Relationships indeed dependant on perspectives and assumptions.

D,
I am going to come out the worse Gangster in D Unit. LOL

Theresa said...

The hardest lesson I've had to learn is that sometimes the people I Love are unable to be what I want them to be. No amount of wishing, hoping and Loving can changes that. The only thing to do is grieve and move on.

E said...

I like your points no_the_game. A true relationship is what two INVOLVED people put into it. Sometimes we fall into the trap of wanting to do everything in the relationship even if the other person has absolutely no interest in it. An ideal relationship I think should be 100-100.

No_the_game said...

Theresa,
Great point. Problem arises when people we love do not love us the way we want them. The second problem step in if we try to hang on it.

Eric if you find 100-100 relationship tell me. I want to interview those people.

Love Preacher