9.09.2005

LOVE OR FEAR?

I was in a funny situation today. I almost wanted to smash my cell phone on somebody’s head. Have you ever heard the phrase knucklehead? Yeah that guy is a knucklehead beside trying to be a really jerk. I was in a meeting from 4 to 8 pm. (Most of it was just yapping. I understand why most kids come out from schools with no education what so ever or very little education) I was assigned to be a liaison between one of local non-profit organization and school district. Someone else also was assigned to the same district. It was logical to ask that person's contact information to keep in contact and prepare our agenda together. When I asked his contacts he made a silly comment in front of everybody: The number I am giving to you is my office number. I have a wife and kids. Then he made face if his wife knows she will kill him. Everybody around laughed. First, I thought what an unnecessary comment. Then I felt bad for him. I do not think he said that out of respect to his wife. He said that because he wants to avoid a screaming and yelling in his house. He was scared. I am sure he was scared.

It almost forced me to think what kind of life he has in his house. Is there any trust in his family? Does he have personal life? What kind of background does he come from? I mean it. I think most people loose their independency when they get involved in someone else or get married. Why people are so possessive? I am wondering if his wife has any self-esteem and confidence. If somebody is paranoid about his/her significant other talking to opposite sex I am feeling sorry for him/her.

I guess most people think jealousy; paranoia is the sign of love. Maybe for him it is. I do not know. Is there anybody out there think jealousy or paranoia a good thing? For now I made sure I deleted that gentleman’s number and have decided if I need to communicate with him I will do through organization’s staff.

I am so glad I do not have that kind of people in my life and I do not encounter to that type of people daily basis? What an awful situation to be. As long as he is happy in that life I am happy for him
Now it is nap time,
Nothegame

5 comments:

No_the_game said...

Re,

You should have seen my face. If i were not in professional settings, I would tell him "U piece of sh*** if u think you have life Let me tell you suck as well as your life. I also would tell him there is no way I would let my dog bark at him. Forget about me being interested in him. Looserrrrrrrrrrr" I have ego issue ... I need to work on it. I felt humiliated by his comment.

Word-

I am glad you also think I made a good choice to talk to him via org staff. Do not you think ppl suck? Or they just put themself situations where they have no control over?

Danielle said...

gurl i hear ya loud and clear!!!! we are so much alike!

No_the_game said...

Danielle,

Give me ya gun I need to unload it in his stupid head.

:D
Love ya gal,
Nothegame

nosthegametoo said...

goddess:

I think you’ve definitely exposed the other side to this coin. Jealousy is not a good thing in my opinion. It’s almost synonymous with insecurity. However, depending on the strength of your relationship, there may be cause to be insecure.

It’s almost impossible to determine from the outside of a couple’s relationship which party or if both parties are contributing to a jealous breakdown. Could the cause of the insecurity be an inconsiderate partner who doesn’t respect or maybe doesn’t even KNOW how to respect the appropriate boundaries that must exist in a relationship? I’ve seen it.

In instances like that, I’ve found that those partners want to keep one foot in the door. By that, I mean that they are not ready to commit. They still wanna be on some, “you can’t tell me nothing, so I’ll do what I want,” type of thing. If you are just messing around, that’s fine. If your relationship is serious, have fun watching your relationship’s eventual breakdown.

On the other hand, I’ve also seen insecurity and jealousy come from a partner’s sheer lack of confidence in themselves. If someone has no concept of value for themselves, their body, their self-worth, or so on, you’re not likely to teach it to them. That sort of childish selfishness is poisonous from the start. If you are just messing around, that’s fine. But if your relationship is serious, have fun watching your relationship’s eventual breakdown.

Very good contribution.

Bougie Black Boy said...

Yeah.. haven't heard knucklehead in a while. I'm going to make that my NEW word to bring back in style.