8.22.2005


Seems like everybody wants to be understood. What does really that mean? What do we understand from it ? Does that mean we have to dance our butt off into somebody’s music or we have to have we own music to get others to tune in. What is it? Due to my lack of dating experience or my stupid choices I often find myself dancing with someone else music even though I hate it.

In relationships, I always try to be understanding person. It means I will make sure not to invade no one’s private time, distract him or make scenes even when he is wrong or not acting right. Sometime it means I am going to indulge some behaviors of his that is barely passes thru my throat with tons of honey. Does understanding means sacrificing your own interest?

I think sometimes people try to communicate with behavior or send massages by the way they word their sentences. I think one of the meaning of understand is “to grasp the reasonableness of something, or somebody” . Question is how reasonable is it to communicate with behavior or tricky massage sending techniques.

It is 4:07 am and I am too tired right now. I am going to go to bed and ask GOD to shed some light to the earth.. because I know there is a brighter future. Brighter future, where I will not be trying to find out what the hell is wrong in our contemporary dating world. For now - DANCE BABY DANCE....

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Even though healthy relationships require work, I don't think they should require sacrificing who you are in order to keep the peace. When you find the right person, part of the magic is the feeling that it's easy and comfortable to spend time with him/her. That's what I mean when I say that I already know what I'm looking for. When I find my match, I'll know because he and I won't have to struggle to understand one another. I have that experience with my friends (some of whom are men). I don't think it's out of the question to have it with my Love.

No_the_game said...

So Theresa,

If I am understanding right you are saying that if I find myself dancing in someone's tunes that means we are not compatible. Am I right?

Theresa said...

Some compromise is necessary in every relationship. However, if they aren't equally happy dancing to your tunes, seek out that special someone who has joy in their feet when you start to sing.

No_the_game said...

I think I need to learn more. Seems like I push myself to hard to tune in someones music then try to think I am fine with it. It is part of understanding. You point is very clear for me. You are the gem, Theresa!!!!!!