8.12.2005


Bitter Love

As I mentioned before I am Internet junkie, which includes online dating too. Couple weeks ago I received this email from one gentleman. “I'm not the Donald Trump that most women dream of finding.... I'm just interested in occasional movie or dinner dates. Not interested in a relationship with anyone.I won't waste time on a long message. I've learned that writing a lot (which I have a tendency to do) gets me nowhere. Women see my ethnicity and they usually won't bother looking beyond my "hello". Being black limits who I am able to date. I don't know if it's more of an issue for women here in St. Louis, or if this is a problem everywhere.”

So I did not respond to him because I did not find him attractive and thought he is insecure. That is usually enough for me to cross someone out from my date list. The funny thing about him is that he sent the below email to my previous roommate who is Chinese. Guys, believe me girls also kiss and tell LOL. “
Why do Asian women primarily want white men? Is it because there is an assumption that white men will have more money? I find Asian women to be pretty shallow when it comes to that... well most women are...but Asian women seem to be more blatent about it.”

This is my previous roommates along answer to the short question.

Heading: Thank YOU! Finally! Someone who agrees with me.

In general, the white men I date here in St. Louis always answer, when I ask them why they like Asian women claim that (90%) of them say that:

1."They're not as materialistic as white women."

2."They take care of themselves better."

3."They're hot."I resent those stereotypes.

People are people everywhere. But yes, you have gotten me off on a topic that I could go on and on and on and on and on and on about. And I could go on for a long time more on this. It’s not the money that really matters in a long-term relationship. But then again, you'd probably ask, what is it then? Must be the sex, right? After all, why would a tiny petite Asian woman write to me, a black guy? It’s got to be the money, or the power, or the sex. After all, what more would a gal want, right? Again, the stereotypical response in the minds of masses (no, I'm not religious, just believe strongly in the presence of a higher being, higher calling, higher order... but I digress)..

The stereotypical response to why date a black men:

1."They take good care of their women."

2."They know how to live and to enjoy life."

3."They're better lovers" -- this is a two-part stereotype:a. they got rhythm. b. they got big dick.Ya. I finally said it. Got a problem with that? Hehe.

I'm bad, I know. But face it. Life is life. People are people. Racism permeates the earth like a foul odor that raises a stench so bad that even the tempered policies and fragant confabulation of the rich and famous with the power to plant mustard seed ideas into the minds of the masses fail miserably to erase the sensitive memories of the scent of the stench of ugly racism.There is a popular email that often wanders into my mail-box. And -- take heart, -- I do agree with the pretty words that reside inside that electronic envelope; "When you marry someone, pick someone you whose conversation you enjoy, because when the”
money is gone, and the beauty is gone, and the youthful energy is gone, you will still have conversation to enjoy in your moon lit years."

Personality is everything, yes. But corporate america and hollywood often equates personality with the ability to bullshit. That, I believe is a sad foible suffered again by the masses who have come to confuse the importance of personality and to put that ahead of character. True character is what holds a through the years. A person's personality can be easily colored and flowered, and flavored by his/her surroundings, moods, and environment. The true character of the person is what will determine whether I will enjoy the person in the long run.Sorry for this long treatise in response to your simple question. What got you started?

I thought you had emailed me sayint that you weren't interested? Good luck on your quest. If you decide not to respond to this long drawn e-mail, I do understand. I am not crazy, just different.And I enjoy and revel in my individuality. I moved to this country because of that, and to my own self, indeed, I shall have to be true. Sorry, being poetic here. It does offend some people. Yeah, I am heavy on philosophy. Like to read the philosophers, but can't carry a decent conversation about anything,I am really quite a quiet person. don't talk much, don't cause to much trouble. Just like peace and quiet. Grew up in a multicultural society where respect and dignity for each other was utmost important, regardless of creed or color. Each person was loved with equal regard, and respected equally. That's what we were taught in school. We had one history. All the different races shared one national identity. Separatism was discouraged. That grew the nation. That grew the people. And we loved each other because of the oneness of our national identity which we put before our racial differences. That, I believe is the key to building a united people. Problem is, this is a nation for free speech and the celebration of the individual and minority rights. Therein lies the paradox.Long schpiel, but that's my two cents worth.

Asian women are very money minded, especially the Chinese, Vietnamese, and Koreans. The pacific islanders are not as mercenary.The Japanese have enough money of their own, unless they come from a less esteemed family. South Asian women can be money minded too, simply because of their upbringing. Both south Asian and Chinese people pray to a money god. I believe that if a culture assigns a deity to wealth, then truly, wealth or the acquisition there0f must been a valued trait in the culture. SEA women can be very calculating, but then again, if they're of Chinese descent, they're more inclined to be so than if they were native to the islands.

The other reason why Chinese people are so calculating is because many of them are naturally entrepreneurial, whereby, the two ways of making money is 1. Making money, and 2. Saving money.Make sense?Hope you write soon (and aren’t too freak out).Bibi. “

He did not respond to her yet. If he does I will post it as well .

Enjoy ur weekend.

With Love,
Nothegame

2 comments:

Theresa said...

This was really fascinating. I've heard similar things from white men about Asian women. Whether something is considered a positive or negative stereotype, it's still insulting and prohibitive. I wonder sometimes how many Native Americans are tired of the expectation that they are "spiritual and connected to the earth". I'd also be interested to learn why Black women think white men are interested in dating them.

Great Blog! Thanks for contacting me.

No_the_game said...

Dear Theresa:

I would love to learn also what Black woman think why white man interested dating them. There are a lot of stereotypes why white woman dates black man or why black man dates white woman. The most and frequent one are these:
1. Black man is good in bed (white perception. And I hate to hear that. I hate when I hear or see people do not see human in other races or in other people)
2. White gals are easy to date. (Black perception. All gals are the same: some are understanding, some just are not. They do anything you want them to do. For example, one guy I meet who is 23 years old young boy told me he is going back to school and thinks going to get some white gal while in school because he will not have enough time to dating shit. I also told him this: It is OK to date white gal but try to see human in her. Why would you take her understanding guaranteed? If you will have time you should spend time with her exactly the same way you would spend with a black woman.)
3. He dates white gals because he wants social step up. (Black gals perception and I have no comments on that one. Only comment I can make is I do not think so. People fall in love and when you are in love color of skin does not matter at all. I was in love with one guy I would give up my life for him meaning… I would marry him. LOL. He did not want me …. Heart breaking. I think he even does not know he broke my heart)
4. Black gals date white man because he has money (No comments on this one. Again I do not think so. Everything I said on 3. applies to this as well.)

Please if you are African-American Lady and reading this please respond.

With love,
Nothegame