8.17.2005


HOW TO COMMUNICATE ?
Peoples’ communication skills always amaze me.
I was in my 20’s I realized I lack in communication skills. Living by myself since I was 14 years old taught me how to be a good negotiate to get the things I want to get but made me ignore communication skills while I was strengthening my negotiation skills. I have learned how to communicate with people but I still have a problem communicating well with opposite sex, especially when I am attracted to them. Sometimes I go over the limit telling them how much I love them or attracted to them . It gets to the point it becomes overwhelming. Or, I do not show enough affection and I lose them before I have them. I was chatting a girl friend of mine about my relationships the other day.

Here is the some part of chat:

Me: when I like a guy I let him know
Me: but i guess it makes guys feel cocky. I do not know
a girlfriend : yeah....u shouldn't let guys know how much you like him
Me: See I tell them if I like them
Me: I always do tell ppl if I like them
Me: I cannot be someone else. If I do not tell them how I feel I feel not myself.
a girlfriend : oh no, u should not tell guy that! u should make guy think he could lose you at any minute
Me: See mind games is not for me
Me: I do not play it and expect not to be played also
Me: if guy goes to mind games I am out
a girlfriend : you have a point...but most guys ARE COCKY when they know you like them a lot....i try to play hard to get for the first few months
adcak: LOL. I do not know.. I am pretty hard to get but when I like a guy I am a cheap ass woman

Which way to go? Not expressing feelings or just to find out the right dosage of it. I do
not know. If it is a dosage how am I going to know how much add of that spice. Here is the some explanation to it “however, sometimes it can be over whelming, and the wrong people could possible try to take advantage of the fact that you feel strongly...I believe that you can show someone that you really like them, without telling them that all the time..”

Here is the million dollar question for me.. How can I do that? I would love to hear from everybody by dropping comment or sending me email or contacting me on my yahoo.massager.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

You must be true to yourself. If you are not and you play games, you're going to find yourself in a relationship where you are pretending to be someone else. It takes too much energy to pretend to be someone else all the time. Besides, do you want someone to care about the REAL you or the PRETEND you?

Your love, trust and affection are valuable. Don't just give those precious parts of yourself away. They are too important. A man should earn them. He should want to earn them. When you learn to value these things in yourself, you won't be playing games. You will simply be naturally cautious.

No_the_game said...

Theresa,

I really value your opinion and I really love them. I can learn from you and your blog as well. After reading your comment I realized what I am doing wrong. I guess I have never thought the way you put it. I am a bit hard headed. I hear things but I do not digest it when I hear it first time. Unless I start hearing the same thing over and over from different people with different experiences

Theresa said...

Darlin' I wasn't born knowing much at all. Any wisdom I have, I learned the hard way. I'm more than happy to share it with you, and when I don't know, I promise not to make stuff up :-)