8.11.2005


MY LITTLE ABSERVATION ABOUT INTERRACIAL DATING


Today, after work out I ran to a nearby grocery store to get a bottle water. There was interracial couple walking and holding each other’s hand. They were both tall and beautiful. She was into him but he was into everything but her. That reminded me myself somehow. Because what is funny for me is that when I am in the same situation it never strikes me what the person does. I also have a stupid tendency to forgive everything when I like a guy. So now since I am taking a break putting pieces of puzzle together I can see who was with me who was with my look. Or maybe who was with me because I am exotic and have an accent. I really do not know. But I really feel dump when it comes dating.

Since I landed in the USA soil I started to learn as much as I can and find my own space in this huge and complicated but fair society. First time in my life I realized that all people have two lives: professional and personal. Depending on person people have splendid life or normal life. Splendid life means someone who is living a double life. For example, having more than one girl friend or boyfriend or having a wife but having a girl friend or two. (I will not give the names of people but all my examples based on real people). Normal life is having one girl friend or boy friend at a time. But for some reason it seems like nowadays everybody is half single. Go figure thatout.... I am not kidding... It is true..

So human being human there is not fundamental differences in interracial dating. However, it has its unique points. Some people date other race because they think it is KOOL, for some people it is just out of curiosity, for some people it is just appreciation of other person’s culture. There are a lot of people who learn about other culture and fall in love with it. That eventually leads to marriage with a person from that culture.But sometimes it can get ugly when it is based on animal instincts: sexual desire or earning bragging rights “I am “VERSATILE ” or see how many gals and guys I dated from different races”. Ohhhhhh, how impressive is that??? I am not a particular fan of those people.

I have dated couple of guys and developed a good sense of understanding who is with me because of me or who is with me because of I look different and I am a foreign chick. Lesson 101 for the people who are into interracial dating:

S/he will attend your cultural events
S/he teaches you about his/her heritage
S/he does not look around to check people’s reaction when s/he with you.(Have you even seen those interracial couples walking down on the street? They are into everything else but each other. S/he looks into eyes of other people especially the opposite race to see how people react him/her being with him/her. I am not saying s/he had to look your eyes all the time or s/he should ignore the fact people look at you. There are still some people or some part of the country people are not used to see other people, especially interracial dating.
LESSON 101 TO BE CONTINUTED….

No comments: