2.22.2007

Can love be cold?

Let me start with thanking all our loyal readership for support and love. I truly appreciate emails.

Not long time ago I was driving and thinking, what is love? Is it supposed to be warm and fuzzy or cold? I do not know when I love people do I love the person or the person I created in my mind. Not long time ago I was question my own behavior and comparing it to my peers. I do not think love supposed to hurt but I do not think it is all peachy either.

I used to think love is the intimate moments/intimacy people share. Hmmm, uhhh ohh that was not it!

Love used to be a passion in my dictionary for a long time. That was not it! Actually passion brought a lof of difficulties in my life. SO I stay away from it nowadays!

Love supposed to be commitment. Oh that is not love at all I think. I have seen a lot of people who are in committed relationship but not in love at all. They always repsect each other, but love is not part of that ingredient. Isn't that what we want from love? Maybe love is aggregation of a lot of factors?

I used to think LOVE is the strong support for each other. Hmmm that is out the window since I truly love my ex-boyfriend and have a stronger bonds now than when we dated.

I used to think love is the friendship ,sharing happiness & sadness 2gether. Oh well that is not true either. Because I had that too.

Maybe love is the CHASE. A mental chase or a mental dependency. I do not know. I do not know what is love? Can you taste love? Can you punch love? Is love A GOD? Is LOVE a monster?

As I am sitting here and crying my life off and thinking what is love? I hope my disturbed soul is not hanging over you head right now?


With love and adoration,
NO_THE_GAME

12 comments:

Deb said...

So many times, so many days and hours I have spent wondering the same thing. I mean, they say that it’s hard to decipher lust from love. Then there’s the comfortable love that moves into contentment – leaving out all passion and lust for one another. But then passion and lust doesn’t last forever. Then what remains left? I do believe if you have a foundation of “friendship”, then the lust and love that you have, that will eventually fade after time won’t be a worry, because the foundation that you have based your relationship on will be stable and secure. I think true friendship is love. Someone who can make you laugh and someone who accepts all your idiosyncrasies and flaws. Someone who thinks your flaws are the most beautiful thing in the world! Someone who offers themselves to you without holding back and who treasures you completely.

To me, the perfect love is the love that comes from God. We’re all imperfect. So think of it like this – two imperfect people trying to have ‘perfect love’.

The first step in finding perfect love is finding forgiveness in your heart. If you don’t have forgiveness in your heart, you will be disappointed. People screw up – and we have to accept that.

Acceptance is one of the main ingredients to love. Patience is a very important factor.

Passion and lust is just the bonus – and nothing else.

I wish for you ‘perfect love’.

Miz JJ said...

Love is different for people. What I need and want to feel loved is probably different than other people. I need to feel supported, but not smothered. I need by alone time, so that I can cherish our time together. I need kisses and cuddles, but sometimes I need to be solo. Depends on you and what you need. Good luck!

Leesa said...

When you say "love is the chase," I think you are talking about the lust associated with finding love. The Greeks had three words for love. We have one. Maybe that is the difference.

CreoleInDC said...

Love is not cold. Love is having someone who knows exactly what you need exactly when you need it. Love is NOT the chase. I promise.

Brea said...

"when I love people do I love the person or the person I created in my mind"

That line really has the wheels turning here.

E said...

For me it's really hard to put one solid definition for love. It means different things to different people. I think love is a combination of the different attributes you mention but the right mixture of each is different depending on the individual.

Will two people with the right mixture of attributes ever meet? I wish I knew.

I hope your Easter weekend was good.

Deb said...

I hope everything is well---you haven't posted in a while. Hope to see you soon!

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael said...

I googled "Lacan on love" while going through a divorce and today found your blog. I have no idea what to say but i'm enjoying the conversation. Thanks!

I wrote a piece about love and the sexual subtexts that play out, the funny emotional contracts the we bond with and reflect deeper doo doo on my blog...but I like what you've done here better.

Michael
slozencenter.com

Deb said...

Okay, you're totally MIA! Miss your writings!

Anonymous said...

Act Like A Lady Think Like A Man, is a must read e-book for all women. If you're trying to get over the hurt of a broken heart, trying to get out of a bad relationship or hoping not to get into one, this is the book for you. If you are lonely and haven't been able to find Mr. Right, wouldn't know him if you met him or if you've found him and are worried about keeping him, folks this is the book! If you are unhappy, suffer from low self esteem, are over weight and don't feel good about yourself or just feel like your life is going no where, this book can help put your life on the right track. It's a life changer for both single and married women. Do yourself a favor and preview the e-book at; actlikealadythinklikeaman.com

Unknown said...

Love is the most complicated thing to be explained. The definition will vary person to person but one thing that everybody agrees upon is that it is nothing short of magic!
Discrete dating site for those married , or in a relationship,
and looking for discreet married dating.
www.marriedandlooking.co.uk