10.29.2006

A couple days ago around 6:59 pm Earth shattered for me. I felt as if massive water washed soil under my feet. Yeah, my feet were sweating, my hands were getting cold, my heart started racing. Honestly, time stopped for me for a second.

I was about to go to the gym when all these madness took place. If you wonder whether I got to the gym that day, I did not. I don’t know how you all would deal with STRESS but for me running would take care off it. Not this time!!! I even did not have any energy to think. I felt like I am pleading for my life.

I could do only one thing: Put shoes on and go out to walk. It took me more than 20 minutes to realize I was not wearing socks and had no jacket on. It was 38F in Chicago. Suddenly I realized my head was down and I was bending a bit over as if I wanted to hide.

I was wondering if I would be able to communicate my feelings to people who care about me. All of the sudden communicating felt hard to do. All of the sudden emptiness of my heart left me wordless.

I picked the phone and dialed while my hands were shaken “Hello it is me and I need to have you here with me now.” 30 min later person showed up. While holding hands I told the reason why I needed to be with someone at that moment. All of the facial expression froze a minute then silence took its place. Then we have decided to hit one of the neighborhood bars.

Conversations were carefully designed such a way it was not dumping more emptiness in my heart. I felt all the love in the world to share my feelings. While music was playing on the background our conversation was dancing around the topics we supposed to talk.

I was wondering how on the world I take people in my life for granted. I also learned very valuable lesson from that day. I learned how to be less selfish and shut the hell up when talking is not necessary.

Needless to say, I almost question of my existence in the world. I have learned more from that Earth shattering day than my entire life. 23rd of October made me realized what matters most in life. Have you ever had the moment where the entire your life is animate in front of your eyes? Yes I could see entire my life in black and white movie. I became very judgmental of me. What have I done to myself? What can I do to correct it or what can I do right in the future.

I also realized how lonely I am in life. I felt the emptiness in my life because I do not have anybody for sure in my life that I can claim with certainty. I was questioning the essence of love. What is love anyways? I wonder if all of us have our own definition of love.

What is your definition of love? What kind of relationship advice would you give if somebody would come to you and ask WHAT IS LOVE?

With Luv,

Tired of dating game
No_the_game

13 comments:

Åsa said...

No the game. Those are tough questions. I don’t have a definition of love. I know what I don’t think is love. Love shouldn’t be so painful. Not a struggle. It should make you grow and like who you are when you are your true self with that person. In the name of love one should be able to forgive and get forgiveness. Everybody deserves a second chance. Some people should not get a third chance. One of the difficult parts is to realise who does. Loving someone is wanting to share with that someone. Share thoughts, time, yourself and everything else. At least that’s how I see it.

What happened - for you to feel this way?

I’m sending you a warm cyber-hug and happy thoughts!

No_the_game said...

Asa,

AWWW, I feel so special. I am accepting your cuber hug wiht a huge smile on my face and wiht warm heart.

I just came from work and jumped online to see who commented on it.

It has been for a while I struggle with love. The older I grow the more i realize I do not know how to love. Or I do not know what it is :(

Hey hey, I see you scratching your head and thinking :)) HUH? Honestly sometimes I think I do not know what is love

With luv,
No_the_game

Shai said...

I have a blog about love called A Journey Through Love. Check it out at:

http://journeythroughlove.blogspot.com

Miz JJ said...

Love is so complicated. For me love is when I see something special inside someone and I hope vice versa. I hope you are doing better. Sounds like everything isn't going so good for you right now.

Rose said...

Love is just caring, respecting and supporting each other. It's taking care and being concerned about someone's feelings.

Prata said...

Love is...like life...subjective. Love to you may not be love to me. Love is emotive. It is an emotion, like happiness and sadness. Fear and courage. Simply an emotion that is inspired by you enjoying something about a person that they hate about themselves.

No_the_game said...

Shai,

I read your post. I liked it. I also see similary between you and me. We took something so painful and made it learnable instead of hangging on the pain. That is positivity. That is called WAZZZ UP! :)


Miz JJ,

It is so confusing to hear that some people think LOVE should not be complicated. Some even think LOVE is simple. Dating games are real!!!
Which one it supposed to be complicated or non complicated? That is million $ question right there, sister.

Rose,

I totally agree with you on that but if you act that way most daters think you are cheap or desperate. What a limbo!!!

Prata,

That is news to me. Seriously. How one can love something a person hates that about him/herself.

But I can tell for sure how one can love something in a person that is not there to begin with. Thank for the idea for the next post.

Thank you all for taking time and sharing your thought with me. They are helpful. What would I do without you guys.

Let's see where all these Dating games taking me :)

With luv,
No_the_game

Leesa said...

When I was in college, I was almost obsessed with "what is love." I spent so much time pondering the question, with no real conclusion. I finally thought that asking the question was more important to me than getting an answer.

Sorry babes. I feel for you.

Unknown said...

As I explain to my students (the ones who are old enough), it's important to first make sure you're talking about LOVE and not LUST. While we typically think of LUST in a sexual way, I explain it as simply a "taking". So, of course, that makes LOVE a "giving".

Then that leads me to my definition for LOVE, which is "an action". LOVE is too confusing when it is thought of as an emotion. However, I have found that when it's thought of "as an action", it really puts it into perspective. Anyone can say I love you. It's the person who shows their love that means it.

Please note, I'm not referring to flowers and candy, I'm talking (writing actually) about understanding the responsibilities that come with a real relationship.

No_the_game said...

Leesa,

It is true that sometimes we get so consumed by question that we almost forget to find an answer. DO not you think hun, that I am too damn old to be consumed by question now :))?

Outside the box,

I adore the way you reach to conclusion on your comment. Yes love is action and it is not emotion. But my real life experince with it is opposite. Love is emotion and if you show love in action that is considered OH she/he needy gready :) Even worth it is desperate. I do you think lust is the first indication of love?

With Luv,
Tired of dating games
No_the_game

princessdominique said...

Love is so many different things and it is feels different to everybody. I think love is patient and kind, not jealous, warm, giving, complimenting, edifying, honest, and earth-shaking in a good way.

Tea said...

You ask the question we all ask at one time or another. I`ve come to realize finally that inside the passion must lie true friendship. Actions do speak louder than words. Spending time in peace rather than in turmoil. Those crazy rollercoaster relationships full of passions of lust, argument and betrayals are not love. Love is all that is good and grounded and wise and steadfast.
May you find that love.......

tea
xo

CreoleInDC said...

You made my heart hurt for you Princess.

Love is different for everyone I think so it's important to know what YOU want. Me...I like my love simple and boring. No drama.

Love can also come from plenty of sources other than romantic. I love my friends with all of me and with that comes unconditional support for anything they attempt. I like to think it's as important to them as it is to me.

I wish you love Princess. Oodles and oodles of it.