6.20.2006


Since the last posting I have changed jobs and had a surgery. I am almost recovered. Besides thanking all of royal readers and my co blogger, I actually have something to talk about: Falling in and off of love.

During my recovery I had enough time to rule a lot of things out of my life, such as keeping in touch with people who had or have nothing but a negative impact in my life.

Then I had time to think about my love life. How many times I felt in love for wrong reasons?! I felt in love with the person whom I could identify with, most of the time if they had a rough life then I was hooked. Not a good reason to fall in love. What’s even worse, I felt in love with the image of the person I created in my mind.

I also realized I have being used as an old pair of jeans. I also had my own share of using others. Disgusting , horrible isn’t it? I sort of set the hurt a side with the feeling that I have used others more than enough. Knowing what I know now I can tell that is not a healthy way of dealing with life.

My first love left me emotionally bankrupt with some good and bad memories.
My second love left me with a couple of thousand dollars short and emotionally strong. I will give him a credit. Although, he knew I would give up everything to please him and have him in my life, he did not abuse my love. He did not do anything to check if I was emotionally O.K He taught me how to help a person to fall off love. Very clever and witty way , I should admit. Wait a minute I should give myself kudos for learning my lesson.

And here is another guy I started as “a friend”, lets try to see if it will work kind a deal. My so-called “friend ” relationship really developed to a strong emotional support system & bond. It also helped me to find out weaknesses in my personality. This person became somebody I actually would listen to. (It is a huge deal for me. I am exteremly an independent person I do not listen) Sometimes I would act as if I am not listening but I would take all his criticisms and advise. I slowly but surely implement-ed/ing most of them. He is somebody I want to have in my life one form or another.

Needless to say, recently (maybe a last couple of month) I start to realize I did not fall in love with him the way I felt in love before. In my own way I let him know. That is when things got complicated. As soon as I wanted to have more out of so-called “friendship” relationship it became less conversational and duller. Nowadays a lot of our conversations starts with conditional clause. I am gonna do this if you did that. Oh, you are selfish, you are not pleasing me. I am not going to play your games.

Games???? I asked myself several times. What are they? All my desire to be pleased, pampered, romanticism, extra attention, now has being called GAMES. Now there is a new behavior popped up. My phone calls are not answered or not returned timely fashion. All of the sudden he stated spending time with "his boys."

I am no angel by any standards but I am older now. I understand a lot of things. There are a lot to be altered in my behavior and he has to alter some of his. Then this “a friend ” relationship might work.

One thing scares crap out of me though. In my first love I altered a lot of my behavior and it lead nowhere. After my first relationship I had this slogan : If I have to give up who I am to retain relationship it is not worse it because stake is too high.

Now I have the same dilemma and indication of having the same results.

Question of the day is how do you fell off love ? How did that happen? What would you recommend me to do?

Thank you so much for reading!!!!!!

Love,

No_the_Game

14 comments:

o.flory said...

Glad you are back and recovered.

Your post is really emotional and makes me wonder why does love hurt so much when we meet the wrong person and fall in love?
Why love should have some ugly parts along with the good ones?

I had same experience like you,falling in love of the image created in my mind and not the real person.And I had my share of pain and hurt too.

There is no general advice for matters of love.From my own experience I can only tell you that I suffered alot after being dissapointed in love and my false image of love till I realize that I loved my pain also in a sick and twisted way.

How can you fall off love?The answer is how you choose to do that.Find it inside yourself.

As for me,falling off love is like one day I suddenly realize that I became tired loving my hurt and pain.And from that moment I stop feeling something for the man who caused all.

I don't know if this can make sense to you or help you find the answer you seek.

I find escape from the pain inside through writing.

Sumeeta said...

Falling in love takes great courage because you have to trust that person will love and respect you back. When that does not happen, then love becomes an intensely painful experience.

I have no advice for you other than to learn from your experiences, as you have obviously done, and move on.

BTW, I am glad that you are feeling better after your surgery.

Joy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog nosthegame. Hope you're recovering well!

I wish I could give you a definite answer on how to fall "off" love. That's because I've only been truly in love twice in my life. Falling "off" of love with both men was an incredibly painful process for me. But as I moved on with my life the feelings started to cease to just a memory.

Oh, one more thing, be true to yourself and the values you hold. If your partner cannot appreciate or respect where you are coming from, then he does not deserve your love. Take care.

Theresa said...

I decided it was too painful to fall out of love, so I chose not to. Instead, I chose to accept that one or both of us were UNABLE to be what was necessary for the relationship to work. Being "unable" is different than unwilling or uncaring. It's more realistic when you've loved one another. It's also leaves one feeling less bitter. I still love the people I've fallen in love with during this lifetime. I just love all but one of them differently now.

Also, there's a fine line between changing who you are to make the relationship work, and making reasonable compromises to make the relationship work. Only you can decide where to draw that line.

Prata said...

The first thing you really need to examine is what fundamentals are you considering changing and what wants are you changing. If you've at this very moment thought to yourself..."I need to change this thing that I feel is fundamentally a part of my personality" then you may as well stop. If you feel that a fundamental behavior or thought process is in jeopardy of being changed in some fashion, you are not with someone that is compatible with you; regardless of how in love you may be or how strongly you feel it could work if this one thing was just a little different. It doesn't work that way, so you should get it out of your mind.

As far as falling off/out of love, love tends to blur people's good sense. Some of you may feel that love is supposed to do that, I whole heartedly disagree. Love is an emotion and it does not take the place of common sense. If you allow an emotion to over ride your good sense (this is also the same as common sense) then you've lose sight of all that is important with being a human being in the first place. Remember, love is supposed to be gentle and kind and all that good jazz. These are not emotions they are acts which require good sense to provoke and react within a person. So it is paramount that you first understand that as an emotion and all emotions there is a definite fostering that needs to take place within one's self which will allow you to love but without the attachment that often people allow themselves to become sucked into.

Love is not any different really than all the other emotions, rage, indifference, hatred. It is you that decides how much self-inflicted pain you are going to endure when you fall out of love or if someone falls out of love with you. It's necessary to remind you I assume that you make you feel the way you feel. Not someone else.

Miz JJ said...

I fell off love with my last boyfriend when he screamed at me in front of my mother. I lost all love for him after that. It was like I fell out of love with him in the space of five minutes.

Deb said...

I believe it's true that sometimes we fall in love with the 'image we made' in our heads about the person...when in actuality...it's not the same person we imagined. This has happened to me before.

I'm not sure if we fall in love with the 'wrong person', maybe it's a matter of the wrong place, and wrong timing that plays a huge role.

Great thought provoking post!

Leesa said...

Once you cook their pets, the rest is pretty much over. Just kidding!

Depends on the love. I mean, if you are talking about that rush you feel, it is not real and wears off by itself. But if he bolts before the love buzz does, well, hun, you are screwed.

A really interesting topic.

E said...

Hey...I'm really glad you're doing better. I think we all have our own personal versions of what love is, whether they're right or wrong...it's what works for us.

Hemingway email me at mysta3 on the yahoo dot com tip regarding the upcoming meeting.

Ms.Honey said...

Glad your ok. It's funny because my roomie is now dating a guy that she has totally changed herself for and if we mention this she feel and so does he that we don't understand how love is, she pays some of his bills, let's him drive her car and all that other nonsense..I'm not sayin I haven't made mistakes about falling in love, but I can't lose me in the process.

Behind Blue Eyes said...

Don't operate out of a postition of scarcity, feeling that you have to put up with certain treatment because you will be alone if you don't. You won't be alone. I don't know if you can fall out of love, I don't think that we have control over how we feel. We have control over how we act out our feelings. We have control over how much we mull over our feelings. So try to spend only a certain amount of time thinking about it and when your thoughts seem to be going around and around and not getting you anywhere, then think about something else. And respect yourself. As life moves on, so will you.

Clay said...

i hope you are doing okay with recovey ... funny how being forced to sit down will make you think so much - good post!

Shavonne said...

I've never been in love so I can't help you. I hope you're feeling better. It seems you were high on pain killers when you wrote this. Some parts are hard to understand.

Nika Laqui said...

WOW, this was a good read, I wish I could answer your question, but I'm in the same dilemna myself, I came here to your blog lookin for answers...and I find questions..*lol*

The relationship you had with the "friend" seems like the same relationship, I am trying to fall off from...

I just decided to let go and what happens happens...nothing more I can do...but it won't go away that easily....