3.23.2006


What could have I learned from you? Is it nothing… Or something that I wished I have never learned?

It was weird & unwary to realize that I really do not care about you anymore.
Care?! What is that?
Does that mean you meant so much to me that I put time aside to be upset because you did not care about me?

I am glad you are the one who taught me how not to love you. I am glad I did not learn it by loving someone else. I am glad you never left a doubt in my mind that I wasn’t the one who is missing out. You are the biggest help of mine because you made it easy for me.
You taught me you are worth of millions but not worth of a minute of my time.
You taught me how important I am but not to you. You helped me without knowing it. Maybe that is why I loved you.
The most valuable lesson you taught me is that I could have been appreciated more if I was not too stupid to close my eyes to other options.

Options… It is important to understand life offers us a lot of options. It is up to us to make choices. Our life is the reflection of our choices.

Many years I denied the simple fact that options are there for love as well. I thought love couldn’t be divided or shared. As I aged I realized SURE there is need for options when it comes to love.
Let me rephrase how I said it: Till you find your half, love & attention need to be shared, otherwise you going to be stuck with somebody that you should not be stuck with in the first place. If you do not keep your options open then how would you know the person you chose is the right one for you. If you paid attention I did not say your other “better” half. That term has no meaning. Now, please take pen and paper & Print it in capital letters "there is no such a thing Other better HALF”. That is a wrong way of understanding life. If you cannot be your better or best then believe me, there is body who can be your better or the best part.

Instead of looking for your better part, you should look for somebody who can be compliment to your life. Like vitamins!!!! YOU can survive without them but if you take them. It is good for you.

Now, dear readership tell me whether I am in right way of understanding life or I got a wrong U turn?
With love & appreciation,
Yours NO_THE_GAME

10 comments:

Theresa said...

I don't think HE taught you anything. I think YOU taught yourself all the valuable lessons you've learned. As such, you're the one who deserves all your love and respect for having loved, learned and survived a difficult loss.

E said...

Wow. I like the analogy you use with vitamins. It's part of the other persom not becoming your whole life.

And those lessons are definitely learned by you via his actions.

Rose said...

You were the smart one to learn so many valuable lessons. You did this because of his actions...in a way I understand why you say he taught you and that is because you had to learn valuable lessons because you went through some things...

JD_Janelle said...

"The most valuable lesson you taught me is that I could have been appreciated more if I was not too stupid to close my eyes to other options"

HELLO! Freakin profound! Serious, I mean, serious. Okay, I officially will hate men again for the next few hours. It's a sad truth that many relationships bring to the surface. Sorry for the random...rambling

Leesa said...

Okay, I am sorry, but I don't really like the vitamin analogy. Yeah, I understand it is because you can get along without someone but someone may compliment your life. But the flip side of the equation is that you have to enrich the life of someone else, not just share a bed, a house or a life with them.

Regardless, I love the post.

Kip said...

There is nothing as painful as living with a husband, wife, boyfriend, or girlfriend that you really don’t love. And they may not love thee (you) either, I live with a person who you don’t love or who does not love you is internally painful. Then when you date you have to be aware of the games people play and this alone makes one angry. You long for the days of simplicity on the dating scene. But things have changed because people are more selfish now. In the future it will get better I really believe that!


Thanks for coming by the house (blog) Nosthegametoo and good post.

Brea said...

Yes, true love is someone who compliments your life, not one that "completes it". Thanks for the reminder.

Lumina said...

That is so true... :)You really have a great way of telling things like they are. Damn, reminded me of one of my exes... That really made me think and really ponder on the relationship I'm in...

Lumina said...

morning... just passing through.. ;)

Åsa said...

I think you are so right in that there are options in life and love, but it seems like you are saying to keep your options open to another relationship while you are in one. Correct? Is that what you want your partner to do? He probably did and that's what's hurting. But it's not the right thing to do. Not in my book. But what we should be open to is that there isn't just ONE person on this planet who is the right one. As we change, the "right" person will be a different one. Someone told me that we never meet a mate who is in on a different maturity level than ourselves. With maturity I mean level of awareness and how far we are in the process of understanding why we are the way we are etc. The vitamin thing was cool! I too think the best relationship is when you don't need each other: but you want to be with each other. To brighten the day so to speak.

I could go on for hours, but I think you understand what I’m trying to say?